Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A (Bath) Room of Her Own

Anna sleeps in the bathroom that is attached to our bedroom here at Kristen's house (yes, it is a good sized bathroom). While there isn't a ton I can do with regards to decorating it, I have been able to do a couple of things.


We got a shower curtain and folded it a few times to help keep the light out and hung it with hooks that stick to the walls. We chose a shower curtain so that it wouldn't get funky with all the moisture in the room and folded it so it would be extra thick. A while ago, the hooks fell and wouldn't stay up. We found a cool bar that we could hang the curtain from that stays up by magnets (there is metal in the corner of the window). So it is effective and pretty. Plus, this one makes the room all purple in the afternoons.


On the day after Thanksgiving, I got Anna a purple plush blanket. When I was choosing which one to get, I remembered that I want to do her bedroom in purple and yellow. Anna loved it instantly and it helps her sleep better. She did have a blanket but it's kind of small and it turned more into a security blanket type and less of a sleep under type.

So now she has a big blanket that she can sleep under and I think she moves around less at night under it. I was worried that she moves around too much at night for it to do her any good (which is why we are just barely getting to a blanket) but it stays on her better than I thought it would.

No comments: