Thursday, June 24, 2010

Grrr

I have a post talking all about my little brother's wedding but the stupid video won't load on it. This is starting to get annoying. Since I've been totally in the mood to blog, I'll just have to move on with what else I have to say and we will get back to the wedding.

Teaching the boys croquet. It was a hit.

A week and a half ago now, Kristen and her family went on vacation. They left the day after school got out so that was a bit crazy (note to self: if given a choice, give yourself a week after the kids get out of school to go on vacation). The resulting silence was deafening. It's so strange to be here without them. On Sunday, Jason and Anna were both taking naps so I was the only one awake and just felt really alone (they even took their dog so I didn't have her at my feet either). I was telling Jason that when we get our own place, we don't need anything this big.


About a week after they left, my brother Josh's family came to visit. That helped to liven things up a bit (fortunately not too much as everything is intact). I didn't seem to take any pictures while we were out and about playing. Oh well. It was a whirlwind three day trip before they went off to see Megan's parents. It was so nice to be able to have them stay here with us. There was plenty of room and they couldn't ask for a better place to come home to at the end of a long day playing what with the trampoline and swing set. Josh was even able to watch the US win to advance in the World Cup with the projector on the wall.

They crack each other up.

Now we are back to the silence. Poor Anna is not particularly enjoying it. The first day after Kristen's family left, she asked where Baby Luke was. I explained he was with his family in Utah. Another morning, she said she was going off to play with the boys. In my half-awake stupor I said ok. She came back before too long saying the boys were hiding. One afternoon we went upstairs (where we don't usually go when it's just us in the house) and she thought we would see Eric. She did better with Josh's family here but now she is back to being sad with them gone too. Poor kid. Who knows how it will be when we go to Hawaii at the end of the month (before Kristen's family gets back). Then we won't even have Brennan around the corner. So far I've just been trying to play with her plenty and explain things as they come up.

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

It was so fun seeing you guys! I don't have any pictures of us together either! Good thing Hilary caught a few! What would we do without her! Now I just link my blog to her blog and I'm done.

kristen said...

This is so sad! It was crazy to come home to an empty house. We are all worried about Anna - hopefully she will have a fun time living in Hawaii! We love you guys!!!
btw, Who cut your hair? it looks cute.