Saturday, August 11, 2012

Organizing!

I love organizing things. Lately I've been working on different areas and when I get it done, it makes me so happy. Here's what I've done lately.



I got this idea from a pinterest post about a well stocked craft cupboard. It's just an over door shoe organizer on a closet. The things I don't want Anna to be able to get on her own (like the scissors and glue) are at the top. Although she has figured out she can just pull up a chair to get them. Oh well, it was a good thought. She is good about putting things back with like things sharing a pocket and different things in separate pockets. The anal retentiveness in me is resisting the urge to label each pocket so there is only one 'right' place for each thing. This way Anna can change where things goes based on her mood. The things that don't fit (like pads of paper and such) are still in the cupboard where they were before. They are kind of just thrown in there so that is on my list of things to do.


Next is my canisters. I have two sets and love putting things in canisters. When Jason kept asking me where things were or what was in which one, I knew it was time for labels. Since some of them can change (like with the rices and other grains) I wanted chalk board ones. I was going to paint it on but then I found these dots at Target. They are made to go on the walls so I have some that are way too huge but there smaller ones that are just right. I especially like the dual circles.


I've done other small organizing projects around but those are the big ones. 

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Good ideas! I love the chalkboard circles! I want to put them on some of our toy bins!

Jen said...

I love organizing, too, and all the fun organizer stuff, as well. I love those chalkboard dots! I have to track those down.