The first week we were in CA, my parents were gone so we got to be 'Mom' and 'Dad' and kind of took charge of the people living in that house (my grandpa, uncle during the week, and little brother). It was a little bit crazy trying to keep Anna from destroying too many things. There were a number of things put up that are normally on the floor.
When we were first there, I was worrying about Anna being too loud. She is the earliest riser, and I with her, so I was worried about her waking people up in the morning. After a little bit of shushing her, I realized there was no point in stressing all week about her being loud. It was now a house with a baby and she wasn't going to be quiet anyway so I stopped trying. It wasn't worth the agravation. As far as I know, it wasn't a problem.
After that week, my parents came back and we lost our room. The only space we could have had was a walled in porch that is all windows both to the outside and inside. Not a great long term solution what with the lack of privacy and all. So we moved into my sister's house about a half an hour away. They do have an extra room with an attached bathroom that is separate from the rest of the house and kids so it is prefect. We were even able to set up Anna's crib in the bathroom so we have a door between us and her at night (a must for us).
So we are here until Jason finds a job and we have somwhere else to go. We are working on figuring out how we fit into their lives and them into ours. So far it has been pretty low-key because three of the kids have been gone and they are all on vacation now (we get to house sit). It should be exciting when they get back.
As nice as it has been to be with my sister (who I get along with) and have cousins for Anna to play with who adore her, I really hope this doesn't last for too long (I know, famous last words). I know that the Lord has a job in mind for us and a place He wants us to be next so that helps keep me from freaking out while we wait and Jason searches. I'm trying really hard not to think of this as an extended vacation and to feel like I live here. We had our church records transfered here and will be getting assignments or callings before too long. That should help. Probably also when the family gets back and we get into a life rhythm. However long it ends up being, it should be nothing if not interesting.
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment