Monday, June 1, 2009

Safely in Utah

We have officially moved out of Philadelphia. I don't think it's really sunk in yet seeing as we are kind of on vacation and don't know where we are going after this. We've had kind of a crazy last few days. After planning and packing, we were ready to move out on Friday. We had some guys from church come to help us and a friend watched Anna. In about two hours, we got everything out of our place and into the moving truck.



After a little bit of a break and a few errands we went to the storage unit. We had decided to put all of our stuff into storage until we have a better destination. One of our friends had come to help us move in the morning but we asked him to come back later so we could have help with getting things into the storage unit also. He was so helpful. He was all about strategy to make sure everything fit (and it did). The storage place we used had it all indoors. You drive your car into their area and they have big carts/dolly things to wheel your stuff to the actual unit. I learned that I'm not very good at putting things together. A couple of times, I tried to put stuff on one of the carts. When Jason got back to it, he pointed out that it looked precarious. I stepped back and let them make it more stable.



That night, some friends of mine were going out to dessert and didn't mind that I was sweaty and had no make-up on. It was so fun to have one last night with some of my friends talking, eating brownie sundaes (almost all of us got one) and window shopping. We were all reluctant to go and ended up talking in the car until after 10. Then I joined Jason and a sleeping Anna at another friends' house where we spent the night (seeing as our place was empty). They were watching 13 Days when I got there and by the time it was over, it was almost 1 am! Apparently we were too tired to go to bed.



The next morning, we went back and cleaned before getting on the airplane to fly to Utah. The flight went uneventfully and we even arrived to Denver (our layover) a half hour early. Unfortunately, the next flight to Salt Lake was about a half hour late so we had a long time in that airport. By this time, Anna was pretty tired and wiggly. So much so that she was out before the back wheels were off the ground and slept the whole flight. I had a lovely, relaxing flight that was really over too soon.



Now we are staying with my sister Emily and her family in their big, beautiful house. They have a kitten and Anna is enamored. Fortunately, Emily has a three year old so the kitty is very patient with being followed, poked and pulled. Maybe some day we will be able to have one too.

1 comment:

Amanda K said...

Come back! And my cheesecake was awesome :)