
She has a doll that she loves; referring to it as her baby. There have been times when she doesn't want to get her diaper changed, we will change the baby's diaper first and then she will lie down to get hers done. She likes to wipe his bellybutton and even put on diaper rash cream. Well, lately, she has been putting him to sleep in the bathroom. Not surprising since she sleeps in there but still. She will put him in the bathtub, close the door and tell us to be quiet. This morning, she even made pretend crying sound and said he was crying as she closed the door. I asked about the fact that she was leaving him to cry and she said it was so that he could fall asleep. It's never to early to teach your kids about sleep training.

For Christmas, Anna got a really cute puzzle from Jason's parents. It's a princess with different outfits that you can change the skirts and shirts around. The other day, the princess had a red skirt with a pink shirt. She looked at it and said "clash". Naturally, we changed it so that her outfit looked better. Now, if Anna is trying to wear clothes that don't work, I tell her that it clashes and she will let me choose something else.
The other night, while Kristen and I were making dinner, Anna got out a bunch of plates. She wanted to set the table. We were having soup that night so I told her we needed bowls. She got those out instead and put them on the table. Then I gave her the spoons and cups and she put those on too. The best part was that I didn't even have to ask her, she just saw that we were making dinner and did it. Kristen says that's one of the differences between boys and girls.
I think it was that same night Anna said the blessing before dinner all by herself. I have been trying to get her to say it by just repeating what I say but she rarely repeats me. This time, though, I didn't say a thing. We could pick out words like 'Heavenly Father','food', 'bless' and 'amen'. It was way cute and I was really impressed.
In the mornings, I wipe down the bathroom. Sometimes, when Anna is around she likes to help. I give her a baby wipe to wipe whatever she wants while I have my Lysol wipe. She especially enjoys cleaning the toilet. We have this powder you put in the bowl and it foams up, which is way fun. Then there is the fun of using the brush. Sometimes it's hard to get her to stop so I can flush the foam away.
Needless to say, some days it feels like we just laugh at everything she does.



2 comments:
She is so darling!
So cute!!!
Post a Comment