Friday, April 23, 2010

Zoo


Last Saturday we took Anna to the Santa Barbara Zoo. We weren't going to go to the zoo, we had been planning to go to the temple but we couldn't find anyone to watch Anna (Kristen and Nathan went to the temple too) so we changed our plans. Side note: I felt a little bad about not going to the temple but the thing I had scheduled for next Saturday was canceled so we are planning on going then.


When I told Anna what we were doing that day, the first thing she said, matter-of-factly was, "animals eat me?" She didn't sound scared or anything, just that that was what was going to happen. I assured her that the animals would not, in fact eat her because they would be in cages. She seemed good with that.


We had the best time at the zoo. This is the first time Anna has been to a bigger zoo than the teeny tiny local one (seriously small) and she loved it. She pretty much ran the whole time.


We got to see them feed the otters and the penguins so that was a lot of fun. The weather was perfect (of course, it's Santa Barbara) and we even got an awesome parking spot.


They have a little kid's playing place with this cool hill that you can slide down on a piece of cardboard. There were a bunch of kids there so it took a while before we could get some cardboard and then a little longer for Anna to be willing to do down on her own but she got it in the end and liked it.

We were there for about three hours which seemed just right to see the place without being too pooped. It was a great family trip.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

I love, love, love the Santa Barbara zoo! Maybe we could go when we come in June!