Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Obligatory Quote Post

Anna says the funniest things. Here are a few of my recent favorites:

- One day when Jason went to the temple and was gone all day, she said she was sad. When I asked why, she said she had "lost my daddy."

- While I was watching Dancing With the Stars and some of the professionals were doing their routine she said, "wear no clothes." I tried to tell her that they were, in fact, wearing clothes just not very many but she didn't seem to buy it.

- Just about anytime I offer to help Anna but she doesn't need it, she says "me got it". Conversely, this morning she asked for my help and said, "You're a good helper."

- She also likes to let me know what she wants by saying, "me point". That way she doesn't have to mess around with me not understanding her, which is sadly frequent.

- She is working on counting. She loves to do it but skips a few numbers. It goes something like this "one, two, six, seven, eight, nine, ten."

- When we come down the street going home, she says, "I see my house!" Apparently she thinks we live here (just because we have lived here longer than anywhere else in her lifetime, go figure). She also likes to point out "Brennan's house" when we pass it.

- Any time I'm talking about someone, she asks, "you talking about me?"

- Once when we were going for a walk, she said, "knock knock, whose there? banana" then she would laugh. She did this over and over again and cracked herself up.

- When she is playing in her kitchen, everything cooks for "two minutes".

- "Say night night boys", every night before bed.

- Then, just after I was thinking how she had never said it, she said, "Wuv you mom."

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

So cute! I love the good night, boys- because there are so many boys! The other day I said "I'll put the boys down." and Asher said "me too?" I guess we can't call the twins "the hoys" anymore. I love the banana knock knock joke. My kids do that all the time, but with lettuce. We got a knock knock book from the library and they read it over and over!

Jen said...

somehow it so darling to see a developing personality express herself through less developed language. Dang cute.