Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Next Big Step

This week I am attempting to tackle potty training. We went to the store today and got potty treats, juice boxes, and panties. It was vary exciting. Naturally, Anna wanted to have the candy right away and was a bit put out that she has to wait until she uses the potty before she could have any. At one point I asked her what she had to do to get the candy and she replied "get the scissors" (to open the bag).

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Hee Hee! Good luck! and if she's ready, it will work and if she's not ready, you can put it all away and save it for when she is. If you are moving anytime soon, I would say wait. Let us know how it goes! Stickers on a chart are also lovely as she can physically see all of her successes! Did you get a potty seat too?

Jen said...

My friend down the street is trying to potty train her little boy. She says it's been tougher than it was with her daughter. I hear girls are easier than boys, But also I think she (the mom) is ready for the potty training (because she also has a baby and it tired of changing two sets of diapers) rather than waiting for the little boy to really be ready. Anyway, like you say, that is always a big step. Good luck.

By the way, those are absolutely darling pictures of Anna!