Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Potty Training Update

( Sorry for the lack of picture but I have refrained from taking an Anna sitting on the potty picture, she doesn't need that around in her life.) Since I know everyone is dying to know how the potty training is going, I thought I would do a little update. It's now been a week and we are doing pretty well. We started last Wednesday and went with the just put underwear on her approach. Fortunately it was warm enough that we could just put on a dress and hang out outside all day. We had some successes so that the next day it was mostly success with only a couple of accidents. I did get pull ups for night time and naps but she hasn't needed them. Funnily enough, her favorite part of going in the potty was calling Daddy to let him know, she would mention it before the candy!

Now, she generally makes it to the potty but only occasionally will let me know when she has to go. I will either ask her or simply tell her it is potty time. For a little while there she would freak out when I said it was time to go potty. We realized the potty chair was hurting her so we took a piece out and now she is generally ok with it (after I tell her she can go back to doing what she was doing when she is done). Poop still has a long way to go. Outings are still a bit dodgy so we're keeping it pretty close to home.

Although I have been told she is doing really well (I don't have a basis for comparison), it is starting to wear on me. I find myself looking at Anna like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off and it's kind of exhausting living that way all the time. While I am generally patient with her when she pees her pants, I get frustrated when I try to get her to go on the potty and she says no or throws a fit and then pees.

So we are marching along and I'm pretty sure she will be ready for the 6 hour flight to visit her grandparents in Hawaii at the end of June.

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Awesome! So nice to have Jason around to help out with that!

Calangelbear said...

What part of Hawaii are you going to? We will be there from July 3rd through the 19th. Whose parents are there? It would be nice, if we were there at tha same time and could meet up.