
A little while ago we went to a place called Rainbow Falls. It's maybe a mile from our house. We are having a bit of a drought these days so the falls are low. Hopefully we can get some more rain and we can see what it looks like when it's good and full.

To one side of the falls there is a little path you can walk up to get to the top. Once there, we found a
huge banyan tree. These are big trees here that start out as a little tree (I assume) but then the branches send out what are essentially roots and they build the trunk out bigger and bigger. I know this isn't the best picture but it gives you a good idea of the scale of this tree.

While we were being all impressed with the size of it, we noticed this big branch that led to...

this whole other tree. I don't know if one sent out and formed the other one or if there were two that somehow merged. It seems like either option is possible. On the far side of this tree was a man just standing there and staring out at the water. He was pretty creepy and I was glad I was there with Jason.

Walking through the trees and jungle we got to the top of the falls. The part that goes over the cliff is to the right of this picture. Again you can tell that the water level is low (we have only had 39 inches so far this year). Lava rock is just cool no matter how many times I look at it.

Then we saw this cool cliff with exposed roots. It was a really cool, really close place to visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment