Brian is now four months old. At his check-up on Monday he came in at 12 lbs 11 oz (10-25th percentile) and 25 inches (50th percentile). He has much better head control and holds himself up well.
 |
| Yummy hands. |
He has discovered toys and loves to chew on anything he can get into his mouth. Fists, toys, feet, anything. Funny story about the toys, for a while he would only chew on his hands. I tried to get him to hold onto toys but he would
not do it. One day when I tried to put a toy up to his hand, he kept his fingers outstretched. Once I took the toy away, he made a fist. Looks like I have another willful one.
 |
| He was working on rolling over, got half-way and stayed there for a while. |
He's not rolling over consistently yet. He was rolling over this morning, I couldn't keep him on his tummy.The funny thing was, he didn't seem to care which way he faced. Once he was on his back it was just like, "oh look, now I can chew on my hands better". I think the problem is he enjoys his tummy time too much. Once I left him on the floor while he was getting fussy to see if he would roll over but no dice. It wasn't being on his tummy, it was being on the floor at all that was the problem.
 |
| He loves being on the floor. |
We think he might be dealing with teeth. At least that's what we hope it is. He has been drooly and fussy lately. His naps are more erratic and he is waking up more at night. For a while he would only nap for an hour at a time. Now he's doing better with tylenol before he goes down.
The doctor told us that he doesn't need food in the night anymore. I thought, "Woo hoo! Now I can stop feeding him at night". Ah, if only. The first night, I tried feeding him only on one side when he woke up. "It didn't end well" (Princess and the Frog). Instead of him waking up at 2 and 5 (What he's been doing. Even after eliminating the 2 am wake-up, it's back.) he woke up at 2, 3:30, 5, and 6:30. Needless to say, I only did that one night. I guess I'll just keep feeding him and hope for the best.
Of course he's cute as can be so I guess we'll keep him.
2 comments:
He is soooooooo cute I can't stand it! Look at that lil face!
What a cutie!!!
Post a Comment