Thursday, January 16, 2014

Resolutions

I've been thinking about New Years Resolutions lately and thought I would share my thoughts here, they seemed too long for a Facebook post. I was thinking that a big reason a lot of resolutions fail is that people look on them as an all or nothing option. Like the first time you don't do something you're trying to start or do do something you are trying to stop, it's all over and you have failed yourself for the year. This strikes me as less good. So I am thinking of it as more of a process. I figure I have the whole year to work on it and hopefully I can have the new habit firmly in place by the end of it. So for me, I'm trying to not stay up past midnight reading or watching shows. I have had a couple of slips but there have been nights when I don't even pick up my book so I'm getting better and staying positive.

Another resolution I'm working on is the dreaded weight-loss one. Now, I'm not looking for a huge weight loss, my goal is to no longer look pregnant before I get pregnant again. However, it is kind of tricky for me to know how much time I have to work with because my body is a little... unpredictable. For that reason, I've been putting off getting started. A couple of things have happened lately that have helped me make it a priority. First, I was talking to Jason about an article I read that talks about the movie Frozen and the characters' proportions. We were saying how men tend to be bigger than women (their wrists specifically) and Anna chimed in and the conversation went something like this:

A: Some things on Mommy are bigger than on Daddy.
Jason: Yep, her chest is bigger than my chest.
A: And her tummy.
Me: That's because there was a baby in there, it stretched it out.
A: But that was a long time ago Mom.
Thanks kid.

Fortunately, he's so cute I don't even mind.
Then yesterday, I was watching my friend's girls and the 5 year old said that my tummy sticks out so there is a baby in there (her mom just had a baby so it's fresh in her mind). I told her that there is no baby in there but she wasn't convinced.

Guess it's time for me to do something about this. So I came up with a plan. In school, Anna is working on counting to 100 and her teacher said she needs to practice at home. So, we are now going to have me do 100 crunches while she counts. This way, she is practicing her counting and I am moving towards not looking pregnant anymore. We'll see how this goes.

6 comments:

Arizona Girl said...

I wanted to get to that point after the girls before we got pregnant again. But it always felt more hopeless as time went on. Finally I decided that it wasn't worth putting trying to get pregnant indefinitely for when I lost weight. My thoughts are to try between each child, but if I don't make each time my goal is to really focus when we are *done* being pregnant ever. Good luck with your goal.

Hannah Abbott said...

Good for you Ellen!

Unknown said...

I was never able to get pregnant until I lost weight & was at a reasonable weight. It's all related to a PCOS body. So the weight-loss goal will probably hurry along putting it back on again for a good cause. Good luck!

Jen said...

Kids really get the brutal part of brutally honest. But I like your approach to goals--I think your right on the money with both the cause and the solution. Keep plugging away!

Anonymous said...

live173视频聊天室 , live173视频聊天室 , live173视频聊天室 , live173视频聊天室 , live173视频聊天室 , live173视频聊天室 , live173视频聊天室 , live173视频聊天室 , live173视频聊天室 , live173视频聊天室

Anonymous said...

聊天交友對對碰 , 愛魔豆 , 真人視頻交友 , ut美女視訊聊天室 , 美女視訊直播室 , 美女激情主播聊天室 , 免費視訊網站 , 美女陪聊 , 精選正妹視訊 , 快播視訊正妹