1. I love my baby girl.
2. I can NOT believe I have a baby but at the same time, it feels so natural for her to be around.
3. I love reading but hate it at the same time as it consumes my life and I feel like I can't move forward until I finish the book. Ironically, I'm then sad when I don't have a book to read.
5. I also have a love/hate relationship with TV. If I let myself, I can waste obscene amounts of time watching almost anything from sitcoms to dramas to documentaries to reality TV shows. Generally, I work really hard to not even let myself start (the reason we don't and never will have cable).
6. I love British TV shows and movies.
7. I can pick up on accents relatively easily. At least, I think I can. After watching a movie or a lot of BBC, I find myself thinking in the accent.
8. I speak a little bit of French and the same thing happens when I watch a French movie, I think in French. Unfortunately, I don't remember much and my grammar is really bad so it's more like French words with English grammar.
9. Jason is one of my favorite people. He makes me laugh and I feel completely comfortable with him. I even laugh at his bad jokes and puns.
10. I love to sing but don't feel like I have a very good voice. For this reason while I will belt it out in the car or at home alone (or with Jason, poor man) I will only sing in a group when other people are around.
11. In the Meyers-Briggs personality test, I'm an ISFJ (the same as my mother) and in the color test, I'm a white. Jason is an ENFP so we are nearly opposites on the test.
12. In my mind, I'm very assertive but know that I will never actually say any of the things I think, I am too passive resistive. Naturally this quality drives me crazy in other people.
13. I love cooking and baking but don't treat baking with the kind of precision that people seem to think it needs.
14. I love food. Sometimes I think I could be the binge part of a bulemic if I let myself and have been known to eat things even after I stop enjoying it for no apparent reason.
15. My family are my favorite people. Not only do I love my family but I actually like them and think of a vacation as visiting them.
16. I see my sisters (and in-laws) as the center of all wisdom in the universe. I know that if I have a question about anything I can get it answered by asking one of them.
17. I'm an east coast girl at heart and think of California as a nice place to visit.
18. I'm a bit of a hair color snob. Blond hair can hardly be called blond unless it's as light as mine. Anything darker, I consider brown.
19. I'm a home body. I have no problem going days without leaving the house and usually prefer to spend my evenings at home.
20. I am a very solitary person and enjoy spending time alone or with one or two people. We jokingly say that with Jason gone all the time, I forget that I like having him around.
21. I hate doing dishes but hate having a dirty kitchen even more.
22. When my kitchen is dirty, I almost can't be productive in other areas of my life.
23. Flossing is a constant challenge to me. The whole do something consecutively for a number of days and it becomes a habit thing does not work for me and flossing.
24. I also hate shaving.
25. I want a subscription to People Magazine.
26. I like the read the Fashion Police on eonline.com.
27. I've taught Jason a bit about celebrity fashion so that he can make appropriate references to the Bjorn swan dress.
28. As much as I like fashion and cute clothes, my wardrobe is pretty basic. When I go shopping, I never buy the cute stuff because I know I won't wear it.
29. Same thing goes for accessories.
30. I love window shopping but rarely make spontaneous purchases. I'll think about something for a while before I finally commit.
31. I like to think that I'm not cheap, just poor but even when I had a little bit of money I was still cheap.
32. I have a really hard time spending money on myself but no problem letting Jason spend money on himself or buying things for Anna.
33. While I like to think of gifts to buy for people, I rarely actually buy them.
34. I like to know about people and their lives and how they are doing. However, I never feel like they know me so I don't feel like I can ask them directly and will ask mutual friends how someone is doing.
35. When talking to my family, I tend to dominate the conversation but when talking to friends, I am often the listener.
36. I don't like to get in trouble so in school I was the best student and even now I am big on rules and policies and procedures.
37. When I do do something wrong and am chastised for it, I feel it strongly and will carry the guilt around for a long time.
38. I used to run cross country and track in high school and while I wasn't the best, I was pretty good.
39. I miss running and often tell myself I am going to start up again.
40. While I don't think of myself as creative, I am fairly crafty. I have been known to sew, cross stitch, crochet and knit. My skills at any one of these is not bad as long as you don't look at it too closely.
41. For reasons I don't understand, I have a strong disdain for scrapbooking.
42. I have been able to enjoy every place I have lived and don't have much patience for people who spend the whole time they live somewhere talking it down and pining for somewhere else.
43. Before Anna was born and I worked in a hospital laboratory, I never thought of it as a career. To me it was just a job.
44. I know how to draw blood. Fortunately I have never had to use it outside of school because everytime I did it, once the needle was in, I would shake. Once you could see the blood move inside the vial after I was done.
45. I love blood but not when it's actively coming out of people. I find it fascinating and pretty in a way and enjoy playing with the clots.
46. I chose to work in the lab so I wouldn't have to deal with patients. I much prefer them to be merely a name and a number on a tube.
47. I don't like strong emotions. As a result, I often repress my emotions. Unfortunately, then I don't really know when I'm looking forward to something or just how much I care for people. Occasionally, some emotion will sneak out of my protective barrier and I'm surprised by how strongly I feel.
48. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am very quiet in my faith because I feel so strongly about it but can't explain it rationally. When the church as a whole is challenged, I feel personally attacked.
49. I like reason and logic for making decisions.
50. At the same time, I will make decisions based on feelings and emotions but don't want to have to defend my choice to others.
51. I hate saying I don't do something because it's "against my religion". I think that makes me sound like some kind of blind follower rather than what I really am, someone who has received a personal witness that what their church teaches is true and that is why I follow.
52. I am very self-conscious.
53. I'm still waiting to feel like an adult.
54. I am a generally positive person and always look for the good in a situation while downplaying the bad.
55. I am always trying to give people the benefit of the doubt and think of a reasonable explanation for their actions.
56. It turns out, I'm pretty patient.
57. I rarely get sick and when I do, it's usually just a little congestion that goes away before too long.
58. I enjoyed being pregnant and was very glad strangers didn't touch my belly or give unsolicited advice.
59. I feel like I'm short and like to wear 3 inch heels. When I was pregnant, I had to buy shorter heels (I still didn't wear flats because I think they make my feet look big, not that they are).
60. My eyes are really sensitive to bright lights.
61. The sun and I are not friends. I burn relatively easily and have gotten good at putting on sunscreen so I haven't been burned in a long time.
62. I took ballroom dance in college and loved it. I don't know how good I was but tell myself I will do it again some day.
63. I took ceramics in high school and loved that too (naturally I didn't think I was that great). I especially enjoyed throwing on the wheel. Even if nothing came of it, it was cathartic.
64. I have good hair but don't like to style it. I don't own a curling iron and didn't own a blow dryer until after I was married. Even now, I rarely use it.
65. While I have had my hair very long, I think of myself as a short-hair person.
66. My hair doesn't get split ends.
67. I need mascara and used to think that the point of it was to make your eyelashes visible. For that reason, clear mascara was the stupidest thing in the world to me.
68. When I was younger, I used to think that diary cows that were mostly white needed to be milked and cows that were mostly black had just been milked. I have no idea where I got this from and believed it for a frightening amount of time.
69. I like playing with baby toys and reading kids' books.
70. I'm still working on mentally integrating Anna into my life.
71. I think of strange and quasi-plausible ways for my family members to die. Such as Anna throwing herself out of my arms while I am on the balcony and falling to her death. Though this may stem from her throwing her binkie out the window the other day.
72. I am no longer allowed to read murder mystery novels.
73. When I was in middle school, I only read Agatha Christie.
74. I would rather be cold than hot.
75. I love snow. Mostly looking at it through a window. I think it's so beautiful and peaceful.
76. I sweat a lot.
77. I like a lot of different kinds of music. I'm a big fan of show tunes but also like alternative, country, Irish punk, opera, classical, some punk, oldies, classic rock and pop (I'm ashamed to say). I do not like rap or R&B.
78 I'm working on better recognizing the promptings of the Spirit in my life and acting on those promptings. I think I'm getting better at it.
79. My nails are really strong and grow quickly. Unfortunately, I'm not good at shaping them so they don't always look that great. I don't like having nail polish on them but I love nail polish on my toes.
80. I have a really bad habit of repeating myself without realizing I have. I also will think I have something when in fact I only thought it.
81. I don't like wearing wet clothes.
82. I can't swim.
83. As I have lived with Jason, my design aesthetic has changed. It's much more sleek and modern than it used to be.
84. I have a pull to live in Europe, not just travel there, ever since I read the book A Year in Provence then again when I read Under the Tuscon Sun.
85. I love lists and crossing things off of them.
86. I tend to not do the things after I have written them down on my list.
87. I have a bit of a rebellious streak. When I see a wet paint sign, I have a strong urge to touch it. So far, I haven't actually touched any wet paint.
88. My eyesight is really bad and I love my contacts.
89. I am so bad at taking proper care of my contacts. I tend to wear them until they hurt rather than changing them as often as it recommended.
90. Silence drives me crazy. I have to have music playing in the background. While this has lessened since Anna was born (I do enjoy a bit of quiet now and then) it's still very there.
91. While I used to talk non-stop (my family joked that I didn't like air passing without words in it), I am much more appreciative of silence and get annoyed at unnecessary comments.
92. To paraphrase Men in Black a person is smart, people are morons. If I were ever a contestant on Millionaire, I wouldn't say the audience is smart.
93. I have a good memory and a special place in my brain for movie quotes and song lyrics.
94. My repertoire of commercial slogans and jingles is frightening.
95. I am a terrible procrastinator which gets me into trouble. I have every intention of getting around to working on that.
96. I hate making phone calls, even to people that I like talking to, and will put it off as long as it humanly possible. The only person I don't put off calling is Jason.
97. I love my galoshes. They make me feel invincible as I walk through puddles.
98. Plants die on me after I get tired of watering them.
99. I like to share things that I like with people I love.
100. I hate being tickled.
So that's me in a nutshell (how did I get in this nutshell? what kind of a nut has a shell this big? -Austin Powers). At first I wasn't sure I would make it all the way to 100 but now I'm thinking of more things that I could put in it. Oh well.
75. I love snow. Mostly looking at it through a window. I think it's so beautiful and peaceful.
76. I sweat a lot.
77. I like a lot of different kinds of music. I'm a big fan of show tunes but also like alternative, country, Irish punk, opera, classical, some punk, oldies, classic rock and pop (I'm ashamed to say). I do not like rap or R&B.
78 I'm working on better recognizing the promptings of the Spirit in my life and acting on those promptings. I think I'm getting better at it.
79. My nails are really strong and grow quickly. Unfortunately, I'm not good at shaping them so they don't always look that great. I don't like having nail polish on them but I love nail polish on my toes.
80. I have a really bad habit of repeating myself without realizing I have. I also will think I have something when in fact I only thought it.
81. I don't like wearing wet clothes.
82. I can't swim.
83. As I have lived with Jason, my design aesthetic has changed. It's much more sleek and modern than it used to be.
84. I have a pull to live in Europe, not just travel there, ever since I read the book A Year in Provence then again when I read Under the Tuscon Sun.
85. I love lists and crossing things off of them.
86. I tend to not do the things after I have written them down on my list.
87. I have a bit of a rebellious streak. When I see a wet paint sign, I have a strong urge to touch it. So far, I haven't actually touched any wet paint.
88. My eyesight is really bad and I love my contacts.
89. I am so bad at taking proper care of my contacts. I tend to wear them until they hurt rather than changing them as often as it recommended.
90. Silence drives me crazy. I have to have music playing in the background. While this has lessened since Anna was born (I do enjoy a bit of quiet now and then) it's still very there.
91. While I used to talk non-stop (my family joked that I didn't like air passing without words in it), I am much more appreciative of silence and get annoyed at unnecessary comments.
92. To paraphrase Men in Black a person is smart, people are morons. If I were ever a contestant on Millionaire, I wouldn't say the audience is smart.
93. I have a good memory and a special place in my brain for movie quotes and song lyrics.
94. My repertoire of commercial slogans and jingles is frightening.
95. I am a terrible procrastinator which gets me into trouble. I have every intention of getting around to working on that.
96. I hate making phone calls, even to people that I like talking to, and will put it off as long as it humanly possible. The only person I don't put off calling is Jason.
97. I love my galoshes. They make me feel invincible as I walk through puddles.
98. Plants die on me after I get tired of watering them.
99. I like to share things that I like with people I love.
100. I hate being tickled.
So that's me in a nutshell (how did I get in this nutshell? what kind of a nut has a shell this big? -Austin Powers). At first I wasn't sure I would make it all the way to 100 but now I'm thinking of more things that I could put in it. Oh well.

3 comments:
It was way hard for me to think of 100 things! Thanks for sharing though-- its fun to learn little things about people. Miss you! When do you leave for England?
What a great list! I loved it!!
A fabulous, insightful list! I totally hear you on the strong-emotion thing, along with making lists but ignoring them. We must be sisters or something.
Post a Comment