So after Jason's classes we went over to the flat of some girls in his class. One of them is a big football fan so they had it playing on her laptop in the living room while finishing dinner in the kitchen. Anna had a lot of fun crawling around the new place. They had spinach dip which she quite enjoyed. Interestingly enough, she liked celery too. We gave her some and she would just chew on it.
I was pretty impressed with what they put together. Their kitchen is pretty small and, as with all furnished apartments, sparse. Even so, there was a lot of food and it was all really good. The place got really hot though. The windows were open and everything but it was pretty bad. It's times like this that you wonder why you use your heater at all, just make casseroles for dinner.
Jason on carving duty.Unfortunately, since they still had class, dinner was a little on the late side. We kept trying to have Anna take a nap but she wouldn't sleep. I would try to put her down and the next thing I know, she is crawling around the bedroom. Oh well. It finally hit when we put her in her seat to eat (at 10:00!) and she just couldn't take it. She did manage to eat a little bit (quite enjoyed the cranberry sauce) before sleep overcame her.
I saw that and took a picture, Jason saw that and got her out and laid her down. So her first Thanksgiving and she didn't even make it to the turkey let alone pie. Fortunately, she had the next day to look forward to.



1 comment:
Katrina did the same thing. She didn't want to take a nap after we ate. So while we were having dessert, she fell asleep in her high chair. She did enjoy all of the dinner though. She liked the sweet potatoes, but I didn't feed her Brussels sprouts. I didn't think it would go over well. What a cute picture of Anna almost alseep.
Post a Comment