(Bon Jovi song). Well Jason has finished with studio for the semester (and there was much rejoicing, Yeah (Monty Python, of course)) so I once again have access to the computer as well as actually getting to see him now and then.
So last Sunday I did the lesson in Relief Society. In the ward here, on the first Sunday of the month, they have someone tell all about their life. For November, it was a woman from Scotland and she had a ton of pictures to pass around. I felt a little bad that the only picture I had was our wedding picture that we had brought with us but it seemed ok.
It was a surprisingly difficult lesson to give. Not only was there the usual what do I do with my hands but I felt like it wasn't really a spiritual lesson and was more like a travelogue. I was able to include my feelings about the gospel and ended with my testimony though so I guess there was some uplift. I even ended right on time when they wanted me to without looking at the clock (go me). Plus is seemed a little odd to do it the week before my last week there. At least I was able to give them my blog address so they can follow along.
While I was doing this, Anna was with Jason. I was a tad bit nervous because she's never done that before. Plus, somehow we have turned into the kind of family where I never leave her with other people and if Jason is around, I'm there too. This was not on purpose, it just kind of happened. So I was a bit worried. Of course she did fine. As Jason put it, she visited all the men in the class. What a social butterfly.
5 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment