Our last Sunday in London was quite an affair. The relief society had their Christmas enrichment as a breakfast before church at 8 am. The food was good and it was fun to sit and chat with the sisters. Anna even enjoyed the various bread options, the brioche especially.
Me with Fiona the Relief Society President (she said I couldn't put the picture on Facebook but my blog was ok)One kind of scary thing happened while we were all sitting around and eating. Anna was having an apple cut up and started choking on a piece that was a little big. Now, it's not unusual for her to choke a little bit while she is eating but she can usually get the food back up. This time, it wasn't coming back up and her face was getting red. As I am not very good at getting things out with my fingers (I have longish nails and worry that I will scratch her mouth) I picked her up and banged on her back immediately dislodging the apple. After, once she was ok, it occurred to me that I had just done the baby heimlich. People around me were impressed with myquick action.

Jana on the far left with three of the BYU students and a girl's mom.
At then end of church, we had a munch and mingle. A bit of background: the BYU London study abroad program has a bunch of people in it each semester. Since there are so many and they would overwhelme any one ward, they split them up among all of the London wards. We had about 5 girls that came from Hyde Park every Sunday to be in our ward. Ironically, their last Sunday was our last Sunday so the ward had a munch and mingle for all of us as a good-bye. It was fun to be able to just stand around and chat with everyone for a while after church before we left.

Anna with some of the kids in the ward who loved her. She usually liked them but was getting tired at this point.
I don't think the ward was ready for us to go, at least not for Anna to go. Several people said that while we could leave, she couldn't. We decided that we could leave her and she could be passed around the ward for care with a sign up sheet.
A couple of times Maryelle walked out with her. She even threatened to leave, claiming she was serious. I just laughed. Grant and Jana also told us we were not allowed to leave, any of us. It was sad to leave all of our friends from church but next time we are in London, we will know where to go for church on Sunday.
Us with Nicole, the Bishop's wife. He wasn't there that day because he was sick.


No comments:
Post a Comment