It took Anna a little bit to realize what she was supposed to do with these brightly colored paper packages we were giving her but once she did, she was good at opening them.
We got her a couple of small toys, a pair of cute, black maryjanes and some darling brown boots. Jason's mom took us shopping a couple of days before and bought Anna a bunch of clothes (including another pair of shoes - lots of shoes this year) so I wrapped up one outfit and she had fun opening those.I have to say, I thought Christmas at the Kleinmans (they have 7 boys with the oldest being 14) would be a crazy, frenzied affair. It was not. They take turns opening presents so you can see who got what and people had to be reminded that there was another one to open. They kept wanting to play with what they had just opened. We could have let it take all day at that rate.

After a bit, we went over to Jason's parent's house. We were able to join them for a yummy waffle breakfast. Then we went down to visit Jason's grandma. She is in a place in Orcutt (small community south of Santa Maria). It seems like a nice place. She had a lot of fun with Anna and it seemed like a good visit.

From there we drove back up to visit with my parents. It was a bit earlier than we expected so we just hung out until dinner. We had a turkey dinner. It was funny because we had a big ham dinner with the whole family on Monday and that was supposed to be the big dinner. Apparently we can't not have a turkey on Christmas. With just a handful of adults (we didn't even have to use all of the seats at the table) we were able to use my Great-Grandmother's china and the stemware. It was relaxed and nice. Anna discovered she likes turkey and had a good meal too. We had more presents to open there including the CUTEST bows from my brother's wife Megan (technically from Josh too but we all know who does the shopping). They even stay in her hair well and she generally doesn't pull them out.

Then it was back up to Paso Robles for the night. It was an exhausting day with a lot of driving but we were able to see everyone and it didn't feel frenzied which was my fear. A good Christmas all around.

2 comments:
Caleb usually comes in when I am reading blogs and wants to play on the computer. His other favorite past time is looking at pictures of Anna. We scroll through your blog and I narrate what she's doing. Very cute pictures of her Christmas.
I'm glad you liked the bows! I got them at Target. I love that place! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment