Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Colors

We're working on teaching Anna colors. Kristen has a bunch of plastic plates/bowls/cups/forks/spoons from Ikea that are solid bright colors. So for meals, I'll choose two of whatever I need in different colors and let her choose which one she wants. I can't tell yet if she has a favorite color, she even chooses other colors over pink. What I think is really funny is that she doesn't want her fork/spoon to match her plate/bowl. This is funny to me because everyone else in this house likes to have them match. So when I give her options, I include the matching one and she always picks the other color.

She does the same thing with hair accessories. We have these little claw clips in tons of colors. One day before church I wanted to put the green one in her hair because she was wearing a green dress. She made it very clear that she did not want the green one. As I was thinking of what other color would work (maybe white?), she made it quite clear that she wanted the orange clip. So, that day she wore a green dress with an orange clip. It was cute but not what I would have though of. Apparently, she prefers contrast to matching.

No comments: