
Anna has discovered the wonderfulness of candy. Monday after Halloween, there was some candy on the coffee table in the family room when she woke up. Needless to say, that was way more interesting than breakfast. I went with the 'no candy before breakfast' rule but she was quite loud before I was able to get her away from the table. At least she can be distracted and momentarily forget about the candy.
Then, after breakfast, she rediscovered the candy. Unfortunately, it was not her candy so some of the other kids were trying to keep her from eating it. We soon learned that simply telling her no or pushing it into the middle of the table would not do it. The high-pitched, ear-piercing scream let us know. So I put that candy in a bag and put some of her candy in her own bag. She happily carried it around and got the bag and herself completely sticky.
I was beginning to think I would have to bathe her every day since she was getting totally sticky all the time. Some of the candy I have to open for her but the lollipops she can get into all by herself. Since she doesn't have the patience for a whole lollipop at once, she often puts them back in the bag (without the wrapper) or just on the floor where she is. I keep picking wrappers and half-eaten candy out of the carpet.
Fortunately, we didn't get too much candy so it is almost gone and it will all be over soon.




2 comments:
So cute- with two lollipops! Our candy just got finished! Yay! They have all been a little hyper with the extra sugar in their systems lately.
I could send you all my left-over candy. wouldn't that be fun. This year I was prepared for the crowd we got last year. Oh well. I put the left-overs in a hard-to-open container to try to slow myself down a little.
Post a Comment