Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sand Dunes

A few weeks ago, Kristen, Nathan and Jonathan went down to the temple with the youth from church. They left freakishly early in the morning (before 6) and got home late (after 10). So Jason and I were in charge of the rest of the boys. We knew we had to schedule an activity so we wouldn't all drive each other crazy and decided on playing in the sand dunes at the beach.

Christopher (the oldest) stayed home to work on homework and we were able to leave Luke (the youngest) home with him. I'm not sure if they had been to this particular place before but how do you not love giant hills of sand? We were even able to keep them away from the water with tales of the strong riptide.

We found a place where they could jump from the hill and into the sand.


Sadly, our camera is kind of slow so I missed a number of the shots. Oh well, I did get a few good ones.


Then Jason dug holes for them all to sit in.

They made little castles in front of themselves which morphed into a mansion for the caterpillar they found and named Bob. I don't know if he fully appreciated the amenities of his home but they sure enjoyed making it for him.

It was a great way to pass the time while parents were away.

2 comments:

kristen said...

Thank you Ellen! Everyone had so much fun.

Jen said...

sounds genius!