
After we got back from our trip, it was time to get ready for Halloween. Kristen had an old Bumblebee costume that we decided to use for Anna and I just wore my Indian clothes but got some bangles and stick- on jewels for my forehead. Jason opted against dressing up.

We went to a party at the church first. They had dinner and a bunch of games. Most of them were too old for Anna. The ones that she could have done, she was too scared to try or wasn't willing to wait in line. I did a lot of throwing things for her. We still had fun walking around, talking to people and checking out all of the other costumes.
Everyone in their costumes (left to right): Back - Braden as a tourist, Kristen with a sparkly boa, Anna as a bee, Jacob as an Indian, Jonathan as a kid from the 80s, Christopher as an accident victim Front - Luke as a dragon, Peter as a mad scientist, Eric as a knight, and Alec as a spelunkerThen they had something called trunk-or-treating which is where cars in the parking lot pass out candy from their decorated trunks. Someone even set up a little haunted walk. Then we did a little bit of trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. Anna thought it was pretty cool. It was her first time trick-or-treating since we were in London last year and they don't do it there (over there, Halloween is basically a holiday for parties and drinking as far as I could tell, not for kids). She couldn't quite say 'trick or treat' so it came out more like 'tree' and she figured out pretty quickly to hold out her bucket (a cleaned out gallon ice cream container). We let her have a lollipop while we were going and I think it helped her not try to eat it as it came.
When we got home we opened some m&ms for her but put her to bed before she could really figure out that she has a whole bucket of candy at her disposal. She has since learned what is in the bucket and doesn't let a little thing like a wrapper get between her and her candy. I don't look forward to the day when she misses the things that Jason and I eat out. By then, we should have another little kid's candy to eat.

I think it got her in the spirit of dressing up. This morning, she was in the dragon costume that Luke (9 months) wore last night. I was a little surprised it fit but was glad it did because dang was she cute.
The back complete with tail.Kristen said that when she was putting Anna in it, Luke started getting upset like he knew that it was his costume. So she gave him the pants for a while to appease him before putting them on Anna.


No comments:
Post a Comment