Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Funny Mommy!

Anna has taken to saying this when she is in trouble. I first noticed it when I was trying to put her to bed at my parent's house. After a difficult time getting her down (lately she has been really wiggly and talkative while I sing to her) she started crying several minutes later. Since it was a new place, I was singing to her again and she said she was poopy. Naturally, I'm not going to leave her in a poopy diaper all night so we left the room to change her. No poop. I was so frustrated and there she was saying it was funny! Grrr!

It has come up several time since then and each time I try to keep my temper as I tell her it is not, in fact, funny but not nice or naughty or rude or whatever it is. I was telling Kristen about this the other day and her son Peter (6) was listening. Now he tells her things are funny when he does something to her that makes her mad. Then I hear the poor girl saying "no, Peter, no funny!"A part of me feels like this isn't nice but the rest of me is all for it. Maybe then she will stop when she sees how annoying it is and it wasn't coming from me. Somehow, if it were from me it would be mean but since it's from him it's ok.

1 comment:

Jared Heather and Taegen Pete Johnstun said...

Hi Ellen-

Jared and I are for sure moving in May, so I am hoping to get those clippers before we go. Could you please let me where I can get them!Thanks
Heather