This past weekend we had our ward party. Somehow I ended up on the committee in charge of the food. As we had the meeting to plan the menu, I was thinking they were planning an awful lot of food. When I mentioned this, they pointed out that it wasn't a mainland party. Apparently in the islands, they are all about food and lots of main dishes. It was good food but there was a TON of it. At the end of the night we were putting the leftovers into bags and trying to get people to take it home. I haven't cooked dinner since.
One thing we did food-wise that I thought was cool was we had a kid's table. We had chips, hot dogs, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and macaroni and cheese. I thought it was a good idea because then the kids eat what they want without throwing away plates of food. Ironically, lots of the local kids were more interested in the Kahlua pig.
For entertainment we had hula dancers. Naturally Anna loved it. At one point I thought she was going to go up and join them. Fortunately, she didn't. They also had the cub scouts read the Christmas story in pidgin. It was pretty funny if hard to understand.
This is when Santa first walked in.
They also had Santa. This was Anna's first time visiting Santa. Last year she wasn't interested and I wasn't sure if she would want to see him this time. She thought he was great. She stepped right up, was one of the first kids on his lap and wanted to go back and say thank you before going home.
Here she is on Santa's lap. The kids were all crowded around them so this was the best I could do picture-wise.

2 comments:
Katrina has been very interested in Santa this year too. She has a coat that has fur around the hood and sleeves that she calls her Santa coat. Cute pictures of Anna.
so happy to see a cute picture of anna in her christmas dress:)
Post a Comment