At Keiki Steps this week our sensory activity is called clean mud. Anna has loved it. Perhaps a bit too much. The first day, it was all over her dress. Fortunately, it washes out just fine. The second day, I had her wear a smock. Here's how you make it (the pictures are a half a batch):
Grate a bar of soap. The teacher says Dove or Ivory work best but if you want a different color, use something like Irish Spring or Dial or something like that.
Mix it with two cups hot water, tap hot is fine. The hot water helps to melt the soap.
While the water cools off, rip half a roll of toilet paper into little pieces. The quilted kind works best. I don't know if I used quite that much but I added more as we played with it.
Mix the soap mixture into the toilet paper and play.
It takes a bit of mixing to get it to the right consistency. If you want it thicker, add more toilet paper. As you mix, it gets more fluffy until it's about like shaving cream.

No comments:
Post a Comment