Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rapunzel, Rapunzel

For some reason, Anna is really into Rapunzel these days. She likes to pretend she is Rapunzel and I am Mother Gothel. I tell the story a lot and have even made up a story of Rapunzel's Easter that gets requested more often then the original (I think she likes that Mother Gothel hides an egg in Rapunzel's hair during their Easter Egg hunt around the tower). Because of this and the fact that Anna sits very still while watching a movie (you might say trance-like), I decided she could handle going to the movie theater to see Tangled.

This was Anna's first movie theater experience and she did really well. We went to the dollar theater in case it didn't work out (and Tangled just got there). Although we were a few minutes late so we didn't have a lot of time in the theater before it started, the movie didn't start for a few minutes after we arrived. In retrospect, I think it was good because then she got to look around a bit before it got dark.


Anna had to sit on my lap to see over the seats but she didn't wiggle and only thought about getting down during a slow scene where they are talking about back story. I had told Anna that we don't talk during movies and when I whispered a comment in her hear, she told me to be quiet. Then after we got home, when Jason asked how it was, she said I talked during the movie. I guess she got that message.

It's funny but while we were watching it, I had this strong feeling of love and appreciation. It makes me so happy that I can share the things that I love with Anna and she loves them too. Who knew a Disney movie could be such a bonding experience?

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

glad you fun!

Barbara said...

That is so sweet! I can't wait to see you guys :)