Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Finale!

I'm writing this as I watch the show so I won't be able to discuss the winner until the end.

Before getting to the naming the winner, they talked what happened throughout the season and had the dancers back to dance a bit more. The dances seemed longer than in past seasons and it was fun to watch them dance again. Sometimes, it's kind of painful to watch the people who weren't that good to begin with but this season, so many people were good that it was nice to see them back (except for Lacey and Mike, that was odd). Petra and Dimitry redid their waltz to "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Grobin and actually had Josh Grobin there to sing it. It was a surprise to Petra that he was there and it was really cute to see her reaction. Chris Jericho did a Bruno impersonation that was hilarious! I recommend looking it up. Romeo and Chelsie did an amazing dance and I'm still sad at when he was booted off.

Another fun thing about the results show is when they put together little clips. This time, they did a little clip of various things the judges said throughout the season. It was hilarious! I also recommend looking that one up.

On to the finalists' dances. The contestants were allowed to choose their favorite dance to redo and try to get a better score. They stress that our votes still count for half of their combines score, it's just a way to give them more judges' points. Here are my thoughts on these dances.

Chelsea and Mark: They danced their Viennese waltz to the Harry Potter music. The music wasn't as grand without the full orchestra but the dance was great. I can't believe they ended up in third place.

Kirstie and Maks: Chose their first dance. She is noticeably smaller in that dress and the dance itself felt really polished and sharp.

Hines and Kym: Their samba he did for his mom was so fun once again. I'm amazed at what his hips can do, he seems more like one of the pros. I just smile big through it all.

And the winner: Hines and Kym! They had my vote and apparently the votes of all Steelers fans.

2 comments:

Missa said...

Hines and Kym were my votes for the winners. So I was happy they did actually win. I was a little surprised that Chelsea and Mark were in third. She seemed like she could really dance. I wonder if their "fresh, hip, young" dances and costumes threw people off. Here's my confession of the week, Aaron has been working A LOT lately, so for FHE we have been watching Dancing with the Stars. We even let the kids stay up to see the finale last night. Then we ALL went to bed. Thanks for posting about it. It has been fun to read your reactions.

Ellen said...

That actually sounds like fun. I have a hard time watching it with Anna because she spends the whole time saying, "That's not modest." It can get kind of distracting.