We bought dishes this past weekend. Since we first came here, we have been looking at dishes. Looking for something we like. Apparently, we're picky. Who knew? Then we went and added all kinds of limitations on ourselves. It started with a general concept of how we want our dining room to be decorated - with an Asian vibe. Then we got cups and flatware with circles (some might call them dots on the cups) so the dishes we got had to at least go with those a little bit. As you can tell with these restrictions, we didn't find much at our usual places of WalMart, Target and Ross. There was one at WalMart that might have worked but there were strange speckles on them that Jason thought would bother him.
So, needless to say, we've been using paper plates and bowls for a while. Then on Saturday morning, we used the last plates and for some reason, I just didn't want to buy more. I guess I was done and ready for real dishes. Of course, I think it helped that we had gone to Pier 1 earlier in the week and found some that we liked.

So we went and bought service for 4 to start. We didn't get the mugs because I thought the handle was a little too small to be comfortable to me. We think they're fun and like them enough to get even if they don't totally match with what we already have. As Jason said, he likes the dishes more than the cups. We also have a red tablecloth that will have to go but it's the plastic kind and I burned it the other day so we have a more valid reason to get rid of it.
It's always interesting when you shop for things and learn something new about the person you've known for 13 years. Apparently, Jason prefers wide shallow bowls. I was so surprised because they are not my favorite and I had no idea he liked them better. I guess we'd never had that conversation before. So in the store we looked at some other bowl options but Jason agreed to get these ones for me because I prefer the deep bowl style. He's so good to me.

2 comments:
I know what you mean! Josh and I spent almost every day together since we left Maryland and it's amazing the things that we learn about each other that we never knew- even after 10 yrs of marriage. I'm sure it will be that way after 50 yrs as well!
I love the dishes! I am so jealous you get to shop at Pier 1. You are so lucky to have such a compromising husband. Another reason that Jason is a keeper :-).
Post a Comment