A little fuzzy but I love her face in this one.
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but Anna is a pretty smart little kid. I'm keeping her Christmas presents in the trunk of the car for now and she knows exactly where they are. One day we went to the beach and I was trying to keep her from looking in the trunk as I was trying to get out the beach toys and such. Apparently that made an impression because a few days later she informed me that she knew where her Christmas presents were. I tried to play it cool and may have even said something like, "I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of presets in the trunk." Unfortunately I had told her that day at the beach that she wasn't supposed to look in the trunk because that's where the presents were. Oops.
Once we established the location of the gifts, we talked about why we don't want to try to see what they are, even though we can. I told her the story of when the older kids in my family were little and they had a babysitter who showed them how to unwrap their presents very carefully to see what they were and re-wrap them again. It was one of the saddest Christmases for them because then there were no surprises on Christmas morning and they wanted to play with what was under the tree before Christmas but couldn't. After telling her this story, she seemed to fully understand that it's better to wait.
Then the other day, Anna asked if we could put her tutu under the tree. I wasn't sure what she was talking about (although I did get her a tutu for Christmas) and Anna told me that she saw it in the trunk the other day when Jason was getting something out of the trunk. Oops. At least I wasn't planning on having it for a Santa present. I told her no and she hasn't brought it up since. Of course with her, I know it's not forgotten. Good thing Christmas is coming so soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment