Anna ready to go. Sorry, the pictures are a bit dark. I did get Photoshop for my little computer but we haven't installed it yet.
Delaine and Bryant moved to the area about the same time we did. I think they came right off their honeymoon.
Putting her house together.
For some reason, the directions said to assemble the houses before decorating them and the other adults in the room seemed to think this was a good idea. It is NOT a good idea. It just makes it harder to put the candy on.
In spite of that, we had a lot of fun. Jason helped Anna with her house this year although she didn't really need much help. At one point while she was waiting for him, she picked up an icing bag and did it herself. From then on, she was on her own.
We were not quite sure what to do with our houses once we were done. We don't have a shelf or mantle or anything to put them on so they just hung out on the counter. In an attempt to keep the ants off of them, we covered them with plastic. Oddly enough, that didn't keep the Annas off of them. Her 'yard' was gone the next day and I don't think the house itself lasted much after Christmas. Mine and Jason's houses did last until New Year's but they had lost some pieces too. I guess when I sleep in but Anna doesn't, there is no keeping her from the candy on the counter.

1 comment:
Go gingerbread houses! Besides the prettiest and yumminess, I love the smell. Anna clearly understands the purpose--a way to store candy for easy access later.
Post a Comment