
Last Monday we went to the beach with Jason's parents and sister. We went to one called Avila which is not far from us. Between the freeway and the beach, there is a walking/bike path that winds along a little stream and next to a gated community and its golf course. We started we started with walking along that path. The weather was beautiful; sunny, warm but cool in the shade and not too breezy. Once we got to the beach, we had lunch at a restaurant and Anna learned how to drink out of a straw.

She took a few steps before realizing she was walking on something different.
After lunch, we went to the sand and water part. Apparently it's pretty common for babies to not like the sand. Anna had no such problems. I guess it's for the best that she gets that from Jason and not from me (I really hate the sand). Jason even walked her out to see what the water was like. Since we are relatively far north, the water is really cold so we stay out of it this time of year. Anna didn't mind getting her feet wet though.
After a little more time on the sand, it was time to walk back. I don't know just how far the walk was but it was a few miles. I had just started coming down with a cold (which I hope is almost over by now) and was pretty tired. Fortunately, Ann and Jason's dad went ahead to get the cars while we walked part of the way and waited outside of a deli. When we got home, we must have looked pretty tired because my dad shooed us into his bedroom (which is at the back of the house and well insulated from sound in the rest of the house) to take a nap. My sister with her 5 kids would be there soon. I didn't wake up for 2 1/2 hours even though Jason came to get me after only one. I felt better and was glad they had saved dinner and See's candy for me (I just had to wrestle it away from the kids).



No comments:
Post a Comment