Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Anna!

Note: We were able to borrow a camera but don't have the cable that connects it to the computer. So, we have pictures of all of this but they will have to come later.

Yesterday was Anna's birthday. Unfortunately, Jason is in Abu Dhabi and missed it. So, we had a little party with just the three of us on Wednesday before he left. During the day, Anna and I went to Target (there's a handy bus that goes there) to get her a present. I've decided to loosen up a bit on my anti-toy policy and get her one. I had no idea what to get other than something not too big or expensive and plays music. On nice thing about this age is that she can help you choose the toy and you can know if she likes it right in the store. So we headed off to the baby toy aisle. She had a lot of fun playing with all of them (why buy them when you can just visit the store and play with them every now and then, oh right, so you don't have to go to the store) and we both got a little over whelmed with all of the choices. I finally decided on a truck that plays music and has things to hit on the top with a little mallet by VTech. So far, Anna isn't too big on the mallet.

I made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Unfortunately, I forgot to get candles so we used an emergency candle and stood it up next to the cake (I didn't really want a giant hole in the middle). Anna didn't really know what to do with the candle. She thought it looked really cool and tried to reach out and grab the flame a couple of times. In the end, I just blew it out for her. Ironically, when we put the piece on her tray, she blew on it like it was hot. Needless to say, she loved the cake. She already knows the best way to eat it is to eat off the icing first then go with the cake underneath. She was very clean about it all (she is generally a clean eater) and ate it all. There were only a few crumbs left over when she was done.

After the cake, we had her open her present. Once we got it out of the box, she went to town. Unfortunately it was late so she didn't get much play time that night. It's funny, she likes it but mostly she just wants it to play the music without having to do anything so she can dance. Toys don't seem to work that way. They keep wanting her to push a button or something and the songs are so short, she barely get started on the dancing before it ends. Sadness all around.

1 comment:

Missa said...

Happy Birthday Anna!