Monday, February 23, 2009

A New Look

As you can see, I changed my blog's look. And let me tell you, it was harder than you would think to chose something then to change the colors of the fonts to have it all match. For the background, I went to a website called The Cutest Blog on the Block where I got the previous one too. They have lots of free backgrounds along with the option to have one made specifically for you for a fee. It took so long to choose something because not only were there lots of options (and I'm the kind of person who has to see what all the options are before I decide on one) but also, they were all so cute. And not in a good way.

Now don't get me wrong, I like cute things as much as the next girl but I'm not into scrapbooking (I'm more of a slip it in the pocket and maybe write a caption kind of girl) and these were very scrapbooky. Plus, with the title of the blog, I do try to have a vaguely urban feel to it. The black and white of last time was pretty much the closest they had to sleek (what I was going for). This time, I was thinking of something bold and bright that could pass for an Ikea Fabric. I realize I could probably find a different website for more backgrounds but then we get into too many options.

Then was the added problem of not choosing something that anyone else I know has and it had to look good with my city skyline picture. This all added up to a bit of a tall order. I'm starting to understand how my sister, Kristen, feels. She has the gift/curse of knowing exactly what she wants. Everything from clothes to home decor to food she can picture what would be perfect then has the daunting tasking of going out to find it. I remember once, when she was living at home, she was hungry and wanted something "fruity and foamy and frothy and icy and light". As this was before Jamba Juice, I think she decided on an orange julius.

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

I love your new blog layout! Very springy and fresh and awesome and lovely!

Jen said...

I think the design looks fresh and contemporary (can you tell I've been watching HGTV?)