Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Tricks

Anna seems to have started doing a bunch of new things lately. Amazing how once we stop moving around, she is able to focus on increased development. As we still are without our camera (we are both getting worried), I can only tell you about them.

She is dancing more and more and really enjoying music. Apparently, yesterday when Jason was watching her while I was at the Stake Women's Conference, she was getting a touch fussy but cheered up and started dancing when he turned on some Beatles music. She knew the songs already because Jason sings them to her sometimes when he is putting her down for naps.

At meal times, she now very deliberately drops food off of her tray. Unfortunately it's not when she is done eating, it's more for fun and drives me crazy. She knows she shouldn't too because she looks right at me, holds the food off of the side briefly and drops. The little pill. Also at meals, when I try to feed her if she is done, she shakes her head 'no' and sometimes bobbles her head like they do in India. And she has taken to blowing on her food. Even if it is cheerios. Then she wants me to do the same.

She isn't walking anymore than she did before. We try to get her to take a few steps but inevitably she just crawls. She doesn't seem too interested in walking even if she can stand unaided for longer periods of time.

While she doesn't try to go too high, she has gotten into climbing. I let her play in the cabinet with the pots and pans and she likes to climb in. Today she even climbed up onto the upper shelf in the cupboard. It was too short for her to even sit up straight though so she was doubled over and had fun until it was time to get down. She can't get down and so far she doesn't try, which I appreciate as that will undoubtedly result in a fall. One place she can get down from is the couch. Generally, she turns around to do it but has successfully slid down facing forward.

And she has more teeth. She now has all eight of her front teeth and is working on molars. So far, there are two - one on the top and bottom on one side. These have been pretty traumatic for her and neither of us are looking forward to more.

1 comment:

Arizona Girl said...

Sounds so cute. I wish I could be around. Where in Philly did you end up living? By chance are you back in the same ward? Just wondering.