I am not that careful with keeping Anna's clothes clean. She's a fairly neat eater so I've been known to not even put a bib on her if what she is eating isn't particularly messy. Even if it is, I may just push up her sleeves rather than roll them up and inevitably they fall down at some point in the meal. Fortunately for me (or for her so she isn't always wearing stained clothes) there is spray and wash (or shout or the like). I have decided this is practically magic the way it works.The other day, we were at Target. It was around lunch time so I got some food including a drink of Hawaiian Punch. Anna drinks from a straw pretty well so I was trying to give her some out of the full cup with a short straw. Naturally, she ended up with Hawaiian Punch on her shirt (apparently even when you think the lids are on tight, they aren't). I was bummed because I liked that shirt and was afraid I would have to toss it (this wasn't a small amount off to the side, it was two big stains front and center). I figured I would try spray and wash the next time I did laundry which happened to be the next day. To my surprise and delight, it all came out!
Then while we were in California, we were all eating dinner and I unthinkingly gave Anna a tube of Crystal Light with a small container in it to play with. I figured she would like the way it rattled. Well I forget that she is as old as she is and can open containers like that. It didn't take her long to get the little container out of the larger one and use her oh so helpful teeth to find out what was inside (I also forget about the damage those little teeth can do). Next thing you know, she is having a ball with the dark red , super concentrated powder. We tried to rinse it out as best we could right there but once water hits that stuff, it just seems to get worse. I was sad, again, because I really liked that shirt, again (see picture). This time I used Shout when I washed it and you can't see it at all on the yellow stripes. You can kind of tell if you already know it's there on some of the other stripes but not enough to worry about. Yeah for stripes.
I feel like I'm writing a testimonial for a commercial but seriously, how did parents manage before? I guess either they were constantly replacing clothes, dressing their kids in stains or only feeding them (or even keeping in the house) non-staining foods. Oh the things you can do with cauliflower. I like this way much better.

1 comment:
i like the new colors and patterns for your blog.
Post a Comment