
A little while ago with went with Kristen, Hilary and their families to some caves carved out by the ocean. They are way down at the end of the beach and it was a bit tough walking everyone down the whole beach to get to them. Even so, I think we decided it was worth it.

Fortunately we got there at low tide so we could get to them. There is a point that you have to go around and when the tide comes it, the water goes past that. We were there once when it was tough getting out because the tide was coming in and we had to wade through the water. Not this time; although we did end up wet by the time we left.
There were several caves and fun rocks to climb around. The caves were narrow and deep and most of them smelled really bad. At least one had a dead seagull in the back and the ones that didn't were really musty. Needless to say, I didn't go too far into any of them.

Jason went ahead with the older boys (pretty much everyone down to Eric) and explored fast. The womenfolk and younger kids moved more slowly enjoying the rocks on the way. We had a number of guys coming back to us telling us about cool things that we just had to see.

While the older boys kept going, the younger kids played on the beach. I think this was one of the first times Anna played in the water itself. I was impressed with how little she minded getting wet. The water here is cold and kids aren't usually interested (heck, I'm not usually interested) but she had a lot of fun running out when the wave went out then back when it came in.


3 comments:
such cute pictures of anna! she may not cooperate getting her picture taken the traditional way (you know, looking at the camera, holding still and smiling), but you really capture her personality and imaginative playing.
Plus that's a darling sweater. Where did you get such a cute thing?
I actually got the sweater from Megan. I think it came from Target.
Post a Comment