Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Zoo

Note: We finally got a bunch of pictures off of our camera and Jason edited them for me so that I can just type and add. So for the next bit I will be talking about things we have been doing this summer. Hopefully this will help me blog more often too.

A little ways from here is a little zoo. Sadly, Anna hadn't been to a zoo before. There is a big, nice (I think) one in Philadelphia (the nation's first zoo) but somehow we never managed to get to it. I was frusterated too because I figured that Anna would love the zoo. Now that we are here, we figured a small one would be a good start so she wouldn't get all overtired and stuff.


Sadly, just before we went, their tiger had died (they have replaced it since then but we haven't had a chance to go back and see it). So we kept it pretty simple with the smaller animals.

I think her favorite were the flamingos. Here is her pointing to them and making sure Jason sees them. You can almost hear her say something like "Look Daddy, pretty birds!"

Along the pretty bird line, were the tropical birds. Also good.

There was also this way active monkey (it was kind of hot, not many of the animals were active) that would climb around in front of us. I never know if she remembers the monkeys in India but I like to think she does.


It was a fun little trip to the zoo. Now that she has been to one her size, maybe a bigger one won't be too overwhelming.

No comments: