Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Room

A while ago (ok, it was in November) we moved Anna into her own room. No more laundry room for her. We actually played a bit of musical bedrooms. Jason's parents finished a bedroom downstairs and moved down there. Then we moved into their room and it opened up our room for Anna. Before we could move her in we had to do a bit of painting. Our old house has lead paint so we scraped off all of the old latex that was peeling and got some more paint that shouldn't peel.


I let Anna choose the color so naturally she chose pink. We are planning on painting some designs on the walls in white but that hasn't happened that yet. Even so, I think it turned out pretty cute.


We are able to put her toys in there to. It's nice to get them out of the living room and not feel like they have to be all put away at night.

I'm working on teaching Anna the alphabet so we're putting them up in her room. She gets to put the foam shapes in the letters. Generally, she likes doing it. Sometimes, I help a bit so the shapes stay in the lines.