
I love this show and lately I've boon feeling a need to discuss so I have decided to discuss it on my blog. I don't know if I will do it every week but at least some.
This season has been fun. When they first announced the people, I didn't really know them (other than Kirstie Alley and Ralph Macchio, but only after I saw that he was the Karate Kid). Now I not only know them but now I even have opinions on their dances.
Last night, they had Classical Night. They had a 42 piece orchestra, an opera singer, and a famous violinist. I loved the music. Each song was a favorite. Putting the dances together was really different for the professional dancers because they often choreograph to the word. Since they couldn't do that this time, they had to focus the stars on the music. Also, the beat isn't as obvious in classical music. It turned out well and I liked them all, for the most part.
Now onto the dances. Chelsea and Mark were interesting and it really worked with the music but I have to agree with Len that all of the magic stuff kind of detracted from the dance. Of course I love the Viennese Waltz and like it to be more traditional. All of the Paso Dobles were interesting to the different music and it seemed to work. Sugar Ray and Anna were funny in their kind of tongue in cheek routine. I don't think I'll ever forget the sight of Sugar Ray in the bright blue ballet tights. Kirstie and Maks have been an interesting couple to watch. I don't know if it's a difference in Maks or if Kirstie just doesn't let him get to her but he seems a lot nicer this season. Amazingly, they look like they have fun working together. Their dance was pretty good too, even if her shoe did come off. At least she had that time on the floor to put it back on.
I don't know that I have an opinion about who should go home today. The past two eliminations, I had people that I wanted to leave but then they did so this time we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment:
We like "Dancing" too, but for some reason haven't been watching it much this season.
But here's my deep insight after several seasons watching behind-the-scenes sequences of non-dancer celebrities trying to learn (what look to me) fairly advanced routines:
Marriage is like being one of those learning-to-dance couples, except there's no "professional." You're both kicking, spinning, and flinging your arms around in close quarters trying to pull of a lively, artistic, ambitious routine. But since you don't know what you're doing, you end up stepping on each other's toes, bumping into each other, and smacking each other in the head. You're not being malicious, it's just what happens when you're trying something new and difficult.
So first, you've got to be a little careful that you don't really injure each other, but not so careful that you can't dance and take the risk.
And second, when someone does end up smacking the other (totally accidentally), you both have to be really nice about it--the smacker has to be really apologetic and solicitous while the smackee has to remember the smacker wasn't trying to hurt them (and that the smacker/smackee roles will probably be reversed in the next five minutes) and accept the apology.
And someday, the two of you will perform this really amazing, fun, graceful dance and make it look easy.
Post a Comment