The next day is when the really fun stuff happened. I had a ton to do such that we were going to go to the store straight from Keiki Steps. As we were leaving the parking lot, I went to roll the window up and the front passenger side wouldn't go up. I had no idea why. Once I got to a place where I could pull over, I listened a little bit and thought it might be a motor problem. Well, I couldn't go to the store like this so I went home. I decided I would just tape plastic over the window, run my errands and talk to Jason about it later. So I got all the stuff and tried to tape the plastic and realized this is a two person job, especially with all the wind. I grabbed all the stuff, drove over to a friend's house and she held while I taped. Then we went on our errands from there with a little person who was tired and not happy about leaving her friends for the boring store.
Thursday morning, I took Jason's dad to work which isn't a big deal but I only had a half hour to get ready before he was ready to go. Fortunately, I had time to stop at Starbucks for hot chocolate and scones before going to Keiki Steps. While we were there I unthinkingly ordered a drink for myself but not one for Anna. Naturally, she was not ok with this so I just looped back around and got her a drink too. The girl working the window thought that was pretty funny. Side note, the cranberry scones at Starbucks are SO good! I'll have to fight the urge to go back for them regularly. Fortunately, the rest of that day went well.
So in those respects, our week without Jason last week was crazy. I had no idea Jason held our lives together so much. On the other hand, through all of this I was blessed to be calm, positive, quick thinking and pretty much just took things in stride. When I had to clean out the trash can, my thought was, "oh well some other things won't be happening today, lets play outside longer". In that respect, I can only hope this week goes as well.
Car update: On Saturday, Jason and his dad took the door apart and discovered the window cable had snapped. So they took the thing out and have ordered the part from the dealer. For now, they have propped the window up with a block of wood but have left the door taken apart. At least we don't have to deal with the loud plastic on the window. Naturally, this week we have to have our car's safety inspection. I hope they don't mind the opened up door.

2 comments:
that sounds like too much adventure! i hope week will be calmer for you.
I've spent my fair share of time husband-less, and I wanted to say some thing up lifting for you, but all I can say is "Yup, that's the way it is." Keep your head up. Heavenly Father blesses you in special ways when you are on your own.
Post a Comment