Monday, May 16, 2011

Dancing....WithTheStars!

This is the part of the show that is hard because I like all of the people and don't want to see any of them go. I'm sad Romeo and Chelsie left. Of course I can't complain too much because I didn't vote but oh well.

Ralph and Karina
-Argentine Tango: It was ok but didn't speak to me, maybe it was the music I didn't totally love.
-Salsa: Oh my. The costumes were crazy, the dance was crazy. It was a bit too Studio 54 for me.

Kirstie and Maks
-Viennese Waltz: Beautiful, light and lyrical. I especially liked her dress and how it flowed.
-Paso Doble: She was all intense and driven, recipe for a good paso doble.

Chelsea and Mark
-Argentine Tango: While I loved the music, I have to agree with the two judges that said the feet weren't precise enough. Again, it was ok but didn't have the punch from some of my favorite past Argentine tangos.
-Rumba: It started out strange with a sheet wrapped over her head but it got better. I really liked the rock music and the dance was good too.

Hines and Kym - This week, Kym had a scary injury where she fell on her neck while rehearsing a lift. Ironically, as she was lying on the floor, not able to feel her hands, she was worried about losing the time to rehearse. I'm not totally sure what was wrong but she ended up dancing and they did great.
-Argntine Tango: Wow. It was intense and I loved it. Totally missing what the other ones had.
-Salsa: High energy and fun. He has the best smile and was beaming the whole time.

Winner Takes all Cha-Cha: This was a crazy dance contest where they had like a play-off bracket with two heats of couples against each other and the winners going on to another round. The winner gets 15 bonus points. Apparently it's in reaction to people getting upset when really good dancers don't have the fan support and leave too early. The routines were all really short and fun. Amazingly the judges completely agreed at each round.

2 comments:

Missa said...

I was really disappointed with the outcome of the Cha-Cha dance off. I thought Hines and Kym should have won. I know that Hines had some hesitations in his dancing, but it seemed like they came up with a totally new dance. Whereas the winners, Chelsea and Mark just recycled some steps from a dance they had done earlier that evening.

I like Hines and Kym for the overall winners. He just looks like he is having so much fun dancing. It is fun to watch him.

Ellen said...

Maybe they didn't want to give him the extra points since he had already gotten two perfect scores.