Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gettin' Crafty

Now and then, Anna and I do crafts. Here are some pictures from the times I thought to get out the camera.

This started out as a simple macaroni necklace. Of course that wasn't fancy enough for Anna. She wanted to paint the macaronis first.

As you can see, she loves painting.


Then, once they were dry, she strung 'em up.

Here she is wearing the finished product, and so proud. I don't know if this was a different day or if she had just changed her dress. I'm betting on changed her dress; she loves to change clothes in the middle of the day. I've found myself saying (as apparently my mom did before me), "One outfit per day in the laundry."

Then, we played with glitter. I read about this one in a book I have called Unplugged Play. It's a pretty cool book with lots of ideas for things for kids to do. It's broken down by age group and kind of activity. In the book it says to use confetti but they didn't have it at the store when we went and what's more fun than glitter?

I love her look of concentration as she sprinkles the glitter on the glue. What you can't tell from the picture is that she's shaking that container with all her might and generally getting it just to the side of where the glue is.

Our picture. For the most part, I put down the glue and she added the glitter. I think we added a little bit more before we stopped.

We've been working on some Halloween crafts but that will have to be for another post. Let me just say, looking at cute crafty kids blogs is totally dangerous. I have a new favorite one: Frugal Family Fun. The stuff is way cute, actually looks doable and uses simple supplies. Another one I like to look at is Little Page Turners. This one has tie-ins to children's books. We haven't done any of these ones yet but I like looking at them and thinking I might some day.

3 comments:

Missa said...

I have been wanting to do this with Katrina. I love the giant pasta. How fun!

Jen said...

I love how stylish Anna is with her pasta jewlry. Also, I just browsed through the "Little Page Turners" and all I can say is: Are you kidding me!? That looks so dang fun.

Ellen said...

Jen- I have to admit that web site makes me think of you. I've been meaning to tell you about it for a bit.