
Here are some pictures from the ultrasound. We got the one 2d picture and some 3d ones. This one is the crispest even if it's only half a face.
I am just past my 20th week in this pregnancy so I'm now half way along. All in all, things are going well. A couple of weeks ago, we had our ultrasound and found out we are having a little boy. Fortunately, we've been preparing Anna for this for some time so she isn't disappointed that it's not a girl. (At first she would say the new baby could only sleep in her room if it was a girl and a boy would have a sleep in our room. She is now willing to share a room with her little brother.) He seems to be growing well and all looks fine.
I am feeling him move around quite a bit now and his little kicks are even strong enough to be felt from the outside. Unfortunately, they are more like isolated kicks so it's been hard to have Jason or Anna feel them. Anna says she has but based on her reaction, I don't think she has. I always feel like when he kicks it's like him saying, "hi Mom!"
My biggest complaint these days is being hot. The weather is always the same, upper 80s. This may sound nice but frankly, it gets hot. I hear from people that live here that it will get cooler after October. I really hope so because frankly, I've never been good with hot. The heat is then compounded by the support hose I get/have to wear. Other then the fact that they make me more hot, I don't really mind them. I can tell a big difference with how my legs feel when I wear them and they make doing things possible. They do lengthen out how long it takes me to get ready in the mornings (since I have to put my feet up for 20 minutes before putting them on) but with lower expectations, it's going well.
Between the heat and getting bigger, I've had to scale down what I can get accomplished in a day. Generally by around 3:30 or 4 I need to have what we call Mommy break time. This is pretty much just time when I sit with the fan on me and rest for a bit before I have to get up and make dinner. If I don't do this, dinner becomes something like salad or even just leftovers.
Anna has been a rock star during this whole ordeal. She lets me sleep in in the mornings (she gets up before Jason leaves so he gets her breakfast and turns on a show), mostly leaves me alone during my break time, understands that when my feet are up I can't do things for her and just generally takes good care of me. Earlier on, she wanted me to see something outside so she set up two chairs in the doorway: one for me to sit on and one for me to put my feet up.
We took this on Saturday while we were out hiking. As you can see, I was on water bottle duty.
So, we have gotten through the sick, just looking fat part of the pregnancy and are embarking on the uncomfortable, so when are you due part. Should be fun.

3 comments:
Ooh, a boy, congratulations (i'd say the same if it were a girl, of course). Kudos to Anna for being so sweet and understanding. That's really cute.
Very cute! -both of you.
Yay- pictures! You look so cute! So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment