Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Decor

One great thing about having our own place is complete control over holiday decorating. Here are the things Anna and I did for Halloween this year.

This is on the wall and can been seen when you first walk into our place. I cut out the pumpkins using a cookie cutter for the stencil and Anna put on the letters. For the pumpkin I just colored the face on with a sharpie.

I'm really pleased with how this tree turned out. Jason made it out of black streamer. The smaller branches are where he cut it in half length wise. We were going to make some tissue ghosts to go on the branches but we didn't quite get around to that.

Sorry about the bad picture quality but I had to take this one at night and the lighting wasn't the best. I figure no holiday is complete without an appropriately colored chain. Rather then use it to count down, we used it for the window.

And finally, our spider wall. I have pictures of us making these ones so I'll post those tomorrow. That way you can see the closer up pictures and how to do it yourself. I love the way this one turned out.

As you can see, we've had a lot of fun decorating. It's been fun to bring Halloween into our place (especially since the weather doesn't feel at all like fall) and boy will our place be bare once we take it all down. I'll have to start looking for Thanksgiving decorations. Either that or just put some pictures up on our walls.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

cute! i've been wanting to do more decorations, but i've been too busy making costumes. maybe next year.

Missa said...

I'm seeing hand-print turkeys in your future. Cute stuff!