As you can tell, she is very excited to be in her costume. It also came with a wand with a flower on the end.
We had a fun filled Halloween weekend. It started on Friday night with our friends' Halloween party. It was the first time I let Anna put on her costume (it was staying in my closet for protection) and she was so excited. That first night, I put make-up on her and did her hair like Rosetta in the Tinkerbell movies (the other nights she didn't want to do all that).
It's a bit blurry but you can see the make up.
She looked great but it was strange seeing her with make up. Then on Saturday we had our church party with games and candy. Anna is getting old enough that she can actually participate it all of the throwing games. Side note: have you noticed how when they have parties where each group has to come up with a game, they are all throwing games? It kind of bugs.




For these two parties I dressed up as the sun. I figured I was already big, round and hot so all I had to do was become yellow. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of myself (sorry) but I wore a blue shirt with a yellow dress over it. Then I glued silver strips all around my belly to look like the sun's rays. It was pretty cute.
Monday, we had some friends over in the morning to play and decorate sugar cookies. We had a lot of fun although the younger kids are still figuring out how to do it. One little girl thought the frosting was finger paint and just put her whole hand in the bowl. It was a good way to use up the day until it was time to trick-or-treat.
Again this one is blurry but that is a face of pure joy to eat that cookie.
That night we went to a neighborhood where they have houses instead of apartments. It was a nice night and we saw lots of other kids going around. Anna is still figuring out how trick-or-treating works. After a few houses she started saying "Happy Halloween" when they opened the door. Also, if they asked what she was or tried to guess, she would specify a garden fairy, not just a fairy or Tinkerbell, and would correct people if they guessed something else. Anna was a trooper and we were out about an hour before we had circled back to our car and it started to rain. A good time to stop.
We got a good amount of candy and have all been enjoying it. Fortunately Anna realizes that her bucket is not just for her but for all of us.

1 comment:
Anna looks darling! And I'm so impressed she's willing to make her candy bucket communal.
Did you see the clip from the Jimmy Kimmel show where parents tell their kids they've eaten all their candy? It's horrible but funny.
Post a Comment