You may remember that my oven was a bit wonky. At Marrisse's suggestion, we looked into getting it re-calibrated but in looking into it, I read that if the oven was more than 35 degrees off, there was more going on than just needing to be re-calibrated. So we talked to our landlord and he got us a new oven! So now, not only does it work but it's better in several ways: there is a window on the oven door with an inside light (Anna loves this part), there are more numbers on the stove knobs and best of all, it's deeper so my cookie sheet fits in it without leaving the door open. Add to all of this the weather cooling off and I can now bake to my heart's content. Now if only there were more of us to eat it all.
Around the same time, I started to look for a washing machine. We have hookups but I've been using the coin machines across the way. With my growing belly, this was getting tricky, especially carrying the wet clothes back up the stairs to hang them out to dry. I found one on craigslist for $35 (woohoo). It's not new and shiny by any stretch of the imagination (the knob is a little broken) but it works and is on our back lanai. It's amazing what a big difference these seemingly little things can make in my life.
2 comments:
Yay for little things! A washing machine with little ones is definitely a good thing!
those are NOT little things. those are huge! i'm so happy for you!!
Post a Comment