Last Sunday we carved our pumpkins. After getting the one at the pumpkin patch, I got a bigger one for Jason and myself at WalMart. First Anna and I planned out what she wanted her pumpkin to look like. Just like with choosing the pumpkin, she knew just what she wanted it to look like. Once we had it all planned out on paper, it was time to start cutting. I cut the top out and Anna helped me pull out the guts.
For our pumpkin, we first had to decide what we wanted it to look like. Jason went online to get ideas. We found one that looked cool and like something we could do: a pirate pumpkin, complete with eye patch. I hollowed this one out while Jason was carving Anna's. Side note: he is not a big fan of things that are messy. While he has gotten better, he still has a way to go. Back to pumpkin carving. I actually carved out our pirate pumpkin except for the mouth, which Jason did. It was fun to plan it and carve it. I discovered crayons work well for writing on the pumpkin for planning purposes and a magic eraser takes off any mistakes without difficulty.
Here are how our pumpkins turned out. Sadly, I forgot to get candles so we never actually lit them but they still looked good outside out door.
Anna especially loved them.

2 comments:
so cute! Love the crayon and magic eraser idea!
I can almost hear the pirate pumpkin saying "Argh matey."
Post a Comment