We had a lovely Thanksgiving in Hilo with Jason's parents. Sadly, even thought we took the camera, we forgot to take it out and actually take any pictures. Alas. It was more of a low-key weekend anyway, not much to take pictures of. Mostly we ate and chatted and hung out.
Before Thanksgiving, Anna and I did a craft of a turkey crown. I remembered this idea from the Hilo library where they made them after story time last year. We started with a plain paper plate that I cut the bottom bit off. Then I cut out feathers from all the colors.
She loves doing crafts. Her bangs were cut not long after this.
Anna used her trusty glue stick to glue them onto the plate.
While she was working on this, I made the turkey head for the front. I cut out what kind of looks like a bowling pin and colored it brown. Then a little orange triangle for the beak, a bit of red for the wattle and some googley eyes.
Put them all together and you get a turkey body. I thought the eyes were a bit big and gave him a bit of a Nick Park character look but Anna said he was cute so we went with it.
I cut out a strip of paper for the band and put it all together. I used the glue stick for this too and I have to say, if you let it dry without touching it, it's surprisingly strong. She wore it to a ward Thanksgiving dinner and was running all around the church and while she occasionally lost a few feathers, the band held the whole time (which is especially impressive since it's a bit back heavy).
It was really cute and she loved wearing it until almost all the feathers were gone and it was driving us crazy. So that was our Thanksgiving craft this year; simple, cute and fun. We are working on Christmas crafts which I plan on posting throughout the season. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

1 comment:
so, so cute!
Post a Comment