Anna took this picture. She had given me a make over (which did not include brushing my hair but she did do my lipstick). I look like a study in round.
I am almost 39 weeks along now and after my dr appointment today can say I am two, maybe two and a half centimeters dilates. It's nice to see that things are moving along. Today the doctor brought up inducing me. I was induced with Anna on the day after my due date ( more because I cried in the office than any other reason). We decided to just wait for things to kind of happen on their own for now. Occasionally I have contractions but they don't really hurt, they are more just uncomfortable. I realized today that I would rather get as dilated as possible before the real pain kicks in. So, no rush on the inducing.
We're working on getting ready. A friend of mine is throwing me a shower next week (side note: when your due date is right after Christmas and a lot of people go to other places for the holidays, you have late showers, I've noticed). I've talked to some people about watching Anna when we go to the hospital so she has somewhere to go. I washed the carseat cover and we bought a new base for it. I also washed things like the blankets we have, sheets and the newborn size clothes. I figure I'll wait to wash the rest until we have a place to put them all, like a dresser. I have every intention of putting together a hospital bag sometime soon.
Putting together the hospital bag early is not really our strong point (I don't think we did it until we went to the dr appointment where I cried). I figure, I'll have plenty of time to do it when we are ready to go to the hospital. After all, my contractions have to be at five minutes apart for an hour before we need to go in. More than enough time to stick some stuff in a bag. Plus, a lot of things I'm currently using so I don't want to pack them until the last minute anyway. I plan on putting up a list for Jason so we don't forget anything. Don't you love the way I justify my procrastination?
Another Anna shot. I'm starting to grow out of my maternity clothes, not a good sign. All in all, I don't think I'm too big because when I tell people I'm due in a week, they seem surprised. Plus, I still feel like I can get around (I've even been known to sit on the floor and get up by myself - yes, I'm bragging) and, most importantly, my turkey timer hasn't popped yet.
So we are gearing up for this baby to come. It should be soon. I keep thinking about what I'd do if my water were to break right then. I kind of feel like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

5 comments:
packing a hospital bag is overrated. what do you really need, anyway? you look great! i love your shirt with the gathered sides. maternity clothes just keep getting cuter with each baby i've had.
How in the world are you this far along? My goodness, that went fast for me, at least! Congrats!
you look very low. you are definitely on your way.
Looking good! We're excited for you guys!
YOU CANNOT HAVE THIS BABY UNTIL AFTER 8PM TOMORROW(at least)! TAKE IT EASY! SLEEP ALL DAY TOMORROW- Then get ready to party!
See ya soon!
Post a Comment