I'll admit, I've been putting off blogging about Christmas. Frankly, I wasn't thrilled with how the day turned out. The dilemma was I didn't want this post to become a gripe session but I didn't want to say how great it was either. Falsely positive isn't really my style. So, let's see if I can capture how my Christmas was with a happy medium.
We had Jason's parents come visit us and it was fun to see them. Anna, especially, was thrilled. They came on Friday morning and left Monday evening. Not a long trip but better than nothing. The first two days they were here we went to the zoo and did some shopping.
Christmas morning was a bit odd. I was up at 5 and Anna got up maybe around 5:30. We let Jason sleep in until 6. At this point, we did stockings and got into what Santa brought.
A trunk of fun princess dress-ups. Anna must be tall because that outfit is supposed to fit together like a dress.
And of course, I had to "try on" a dress too.
We didn't open everything then because church was at 9 and we figured we would need to get ready. Of course I wasn't planning on getting up so early otherwise we might have planned on more opening before church but as it was, we had plenty of time to get ready and even got to church a little early. Anna slept through almost the whole meeting which was probably for the best.
Playing with her new song book with Papa.
After church, Jason's parents came over and we opened presents. With so few people, it took maybe half an hour before we were done so once I got dinner started, we went on a hike. It was only about a mile and a half round trip but it was all up on the way out then all down on the way back.
The view from about half-way up. After this point, we turned a corner and the wind really picked up. This kept it from getting too hot.
It's hard to strike a sassy pose when there is hair in your face. Darn wind.
We passed a lighthouse but it's not open to the public.
Jason's parents at the top.
This is my favorite of us at the top. Anna's hair makes me laugh every time I see it.
Then we came home and had dinner. I wasn't thrilled with how things turned out but other people seemed to like it (at least they said they did). Plus we managed to get through all the leftover ham before it went bad so I call that a success. We talked to family but other than that, I don't really remember what we did that evening. I guess we just hung out.

2 comments:
it sounds like a good day. did it just not feel enough like Christmas? i really enjoyed talking to you on the phone that night. I thought it was kind of different having to get ready for and go to church, but it did seem appropriate somehow.
Well, I didn't go into/mention the bad parts. In retrospect, I blame it on being really tired. It was way fun talking to you on the phone.
Post a Comment